Sensory, Medical and Physical Needs Provision:
Our teaching, staffing and the configuration of the building have been carefully adapted to include children with sensory difficulties, physical disabilities and medical needs, including the addition of a sensory room for children needing sensory provision.
- Our staff are trained in sensory needs and provision. We offer sensory assessments and our children have access to our sensory room and nurture room.
- Our building is on one level and wheelchair accessible. We have a disabled toilet with changing plinth. Our staff are trained in personal care and handling.
- Members of the KPS staff team have undergone in depth training by diabetic nurses to administer care and monitor children throughout the school day.
- We cater for children with feeding and medication tubes and have undergone training in the administration and care of these.
- We work closely with NHS health professionals
- Our staff team administer physiotherapy interventions and work closely with the NHS team
- We can refer to the PDSS (physical disability service) for additional support and access to specialist, bespoke resources.